Re: [orion-dev] shell page in Orion 13 and beyond?

Ah, cool, so it was really just an oversight. Good to hear, looking forward to adopting the first build that has this fixed.

Thanks!

Rafael

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Steve Northover <snorthov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Rafael for submitting the bug. We'll look into it right away.

FYI: The shell was removed from Orion in Bluemix because there were other mechanisms available in Bluemix.

Steve

Inactive hide details for Rafael Chaves ---01/11/2017 07:04:31 AM---Hi all, I was eager to try the latest release (13.0) and moRafael Chaves ---01/11/2017 07:04:31 AM---Hi all, I was eager to try the latest release (13.0) and move my Orion-based

From: Rafael Chaves <rafael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/11/2017 07:04 AM
Subject: [orion-dev] shell page in Orion 13 and beyond?
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I was eager to try the latest release (13.0) and move my Orion-based project to it, but it seems the Shell page is currently non-functional (verified in OrionHub, reported as https://bugs.eclipse.org/509646). Basically, the only command showing is "help".

Which begs the question... is anyone beside myself using the Shell page, be it in products the Orion team is involved, or in the community at large? Is it being maintained at all?

I for one really like the shell page and would hate to see it gone, because:
1) it is a natural interface for development-oriented people
2) it is much cheaper to add shell-based features than to add UI-based ones

Cheers,

orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx