[orion-dev] Taming Bugzilla (again)

Hi,

With over 700 bugs open, our committers no longer have the ability to triage and organize their work. Therefore, we are planning another reorganization of our bugs to get things under control.

After discussion in our weekly call before the holidays, here is what we are proposing:

1) Bugs that are inactive and older than Orion 12.0 (2016-08-5) will be closed with a friendly comment (it will indicate that we will be pleased to reopen the bug at the submitter's discretion)
2) Remove target milestones from open bug reports where the milestone is for an older release
3) Bugs that contain the key word "triaged" will not be closed, no matter what the date (committers please use this key word to keep active but long standing bugs open)

Assuming general agreement we will make these changes on next Tuesday, January 10th. If you are "watching" inboxes via bugzilla notifications you may want to tune your notification settings accordingly to avoid the noise.

Thanks,
Steve and Michael

Back to the top