[orion-dev] Keyboard shortcuts on non US keyboards and in different browsers

Hi,

I develop using a german keyboard layout, which means for example that the shortcut to comment out a line (keybinding: [191, true]) maps to Ctrl-#. At least it does in Chrome and IE; in Firefox it doesn’t (in fact I currently don’t even know which key corresponds to key code 191 in Firefox on a german keyboard). The same problem arises when I register my own command for the shortcut Ctrl-+, where the + key maps to key code 187 in Chrome and IE and 171 in Firefox. Is there a standard way to work around this kind of problem in Orion, or is it a general web development nightmare I’m facing?

Regards,
Sebastian

Back to the top