Sounds like you have to do everything server side, a broker application that gets the data from your data server in a servlet using their REST API and then loads into Orion in the same servlet by calling the workspace/file API.

Cheers...
Anthony

Inactive hide details for William A Escobar ---2015/08/14 01:13:00 PM---Hello, I am writing a plugin and running it using the "William A Escobar ---2015/08/14 01:13:00 PM---Hello, I am writing a plugin and running it using the "convert to self-hosting"

From: William A Escobar <waescoba@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2015/08/14 01:13 PM
Subject: [orion-dev] Communicating to outside servers
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am writing a plugin and running it using the "convert to self-hosting" option. The plugin creates a new project using metadata it receives from another server. I was able to make orion create the files and folders using orion's File and Workspace api. The problem I am running into now is getting the data from the outside server, I run into CORS error when making REST calls, the people running the server tell me that the server is configured to accept calls from any where but that I should consider using a servlet in this specific scenario. I was wondering if there was something in the orion API that could help me with this, or if there are steps when approaching a problem like this. I know that GIT does this since it needs to communicate with the git servers, but I can not find the logic in the js source code. Thanks._______________________________________________
orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx