Re: [orion-dev] Client - pending changes are lost when switching files and auto-save is enabled

I attached the image of the current design (orion.jpg).

The strategy we took in our project is not touching the Orion code itself, but always extending it from the outside.
This is crucial for upgrading Orion with the least amount of pain.

I can list some of the main issues we encountered from the top of my head:
1. Hard coded CSS styles in the code. The latest release improved that but there are still some remains which makes it harder to customize.
2. The entire application is not a SPA - switching between the code editor and settings for example causes a full page reload. We had to work around that.
3. Some JS objects (like the left navigator tree) seem customizable by accepting an options object, but there's no way from "outside" to change these options, they are all hard-coded.

This made us create a small overrides system - we basically use requirejs mapping and override Orion modules with our own, and patching/replacing existing object functions.

Our team would love to better collaborate with you, unfortunately we are very busy with our release.
After everything calms down we will try to cooperate more by providing feedback and submitting code.

Thanks!