Re: [orion-dev] Styling a contributed page.link.category?

> Sorry, in my example I meant "imageDataURI"  not "imageClass"

Yes, I figured that out. Somehow I didn't see in the docs there's the 'imageDataURI' option. After your pointer I checked the docs again and it *is* mentioned there. So I must have skimmed the docs too quickly yesterday.

Thanks again,

Kris

Sorry, in my example I meant "imageDataURI"  not "imageClass"

Inactive hide details for Simon Kaegi---10/16/2014 09:20:22 AM---The image is also contributable as a data URI. Use "imageDataUSimon Kaegi---10/16/2014 09:20:22 AM---The image is also contributable as a data URI. Use "imageDataURI" instead of "imageClass".

Simon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

10/16/2014 09:20 AM

Re: [orion-dev] Styling a contributed page.link.category?

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The image is also contributable as a data URI. Use "imageDataURI" instead of "imageClass".

e.g.

Inactive hide details for Kris De Volder ---10/15/2014 09:18:50 PM---Okay, so copying the images.css didn't actually work the wKris De Volder ---10/15/2014 09:18:50 PM---Okay, so copying the images.css didn't actually work the way I expected. Worked fine in 'development

Kris De Volder <kdevolder@xxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

10/15/2014 09:18 PM

Re: [orion-dev] Styling a contributed page.link.category?
    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, so copying the images.css didn't actually work the way I expected. Worked fine in 'development' mode but in deployed mode the 'optimized' orion munges all the css into one big file per page.
So it didn't actually load images.css file anymore.

I came up with an even hackier solution. This js code added to the flux plugin:

    function addCss(cssText) {
        var document = window.top.document;
        var css = document.createElement("style");
        css.type = "text/css";
        css.innerHTML = cssText;
        document.head.appendChild(css);
    }

    addCss(".flux-sprite {\n"+
        "    background: url('/images/cloud_icon_16.png') 12px;\n"+
        "    background-repeat: no-repeat;\n"+
        "    width:16px;height:16px;\n" +
        "}\n"
    );

That actually works! But... Yuck! There's got to be a better way. No?

Kris

PS: This works for us but I think only because the flux plugin and our 'orion-node' are served on the same domain. It probably doesn't work if plugin is hosted on a separate domain.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Kris De Volder <