From:        Mickaël Leduque <mickael.leduque@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        07/19/2014 06:39 AM
Subject:        Re: [orion-dev] Orion editor height problem
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hm, your second example uses height:40%, so that's not it.
When I set height:100% to the parent, the parent actually *reduces* its size to that of its child.

When you says "set the height CSS property of the editor parent", do you mean a fixed absolute height like px, em etc.
I can't, this height is unknown.

This parent element is a flex-grow:1;flex-shrink:1; element inside a display:flex grandparent.
I tried to set the parent height to "100%" but that's not enough it seems.

Can't the editor display itself without absolute sizes ?

Mickaël

Here are a couple of snippets that may help you.  Basically, you need to set the height CSS property of the editor parent.

Silenio

https://orion.eclipse.org/examples/editor/edit.html
https://orion.eclipse.org/examples/editor/splitEdit.html