Re: [orion-dev] Content Assist and Open a Resource editor from plugin

Thanks Alex,

I think for the first question we're going to need a new extension service as the main page itself is going to have to react and change the resource url. Jump to declaration is something we know we need so go ahead open a bug and propose what you need.

I'm less sure for the second as that sounds closer to refactoring and am not sure we are ready for that quite yet. Can you describe a bit more what you would propose (probably again in a bug) I do want to make some progress on plugin driven single and multi-resource modifications, just want to keep things as simple as possible initially.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Alex Boyko ---07/04/2014 12:43:04 PM---HI all, I have 2 questions.Alex Boyko ---07/04/2014 12:43:04 PM---HI all, I have 2 questions.

Alex Boyko <aboyko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

07/04/2014 12:43 PM

[orion-dev] Content Assist and Open a Resource editor from plugin

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

HI all,

I have 2 questions.

1. Suppose I’m implementing a JDT Open Declaration like action in Orion editor with a help of “orion.editor.command” extension service. The command is invoked with an F3 key (just like in Eclipse JDT). We can assume I have the declaration resource URI, and location inside that text resource of the declaration string to select (offset and length). In other words the action invoked by F3 inside the editor is really select a chunk of text in a text resource. If the resource == resource currently opened in the editor i can easily select the text. Otherwise, I’d need to open the resource and then select the text. Is it possible to open a resource given it’s URL from the extension plugin? Example currently edited resource http://localhost:8081/edit/edit.html#/file/Project1/A.java, F3 is pressed while editing that resource and i need to open /file/Project1/B.java. I can’t modify window.location object because while my plugin’s code is invoked window.location points to my plug-in’s URL)

2. Content Assist. Looks like content assist is pretty simple in Orion at the moment. No multiple text changes are allowed if I’m not mistaken. No ability to modify more than one resource by the proposal application either. Think it would be beneficial to call a service that contributed the proposal to apply the proposal as well and pass editor context object. Do you think it would be worth adding such a feature to “orion.edit.contentAssist” extension service? Perhaps, it’s already there and I overlooked something?

Thanks in advance for your answers :-)

Cheers,
orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx