[orion-dev] Orion Continuous New & Noteworthy

One of the side-effects of no longer doing traditional milestones is that we have gotten out of the habit of regular announcements about new features we are working on. Instead of continuing the approach of one big post with a big feature list, we need to start doing smaller, more frequent posts to let people know what's new in Orion. I am going to attempt to coordinate this effort so that we get a more consistent flow of information out to our user base. Here is a google doc with an initial topic list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xgrflF6-4JUi7hymKC0fKA0p48eGvy8FDau7PyijH50/edit#gid=0

Please let me know (or ask for permission to edit the doc) if you have ideas for other topics, or if you would like to volunteer to write about a topic. I have put some candidate "volunteer" names followed by a question mark in the list. If you see your name, please confirm with me if you can do it.

If you are working on a significant new feature, or set of related features, you are now responsible for making sure it is captured here, so that the community finds out about it. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to do the write-up yourself. If you can send me a topic and a bullet list summary, I can write something up or draft another volunteer to help out. We should aim to publicize new features once they arrive in a stable build (i.e., on orionhub), but we might space out the announcements a bit so they don't come in sporadic clumps mixed with long intervals of nothing. If you would like to post on a personal blog, that's fine too. We will still coordinate it on this list, and perhaps combine it with a quick pointer on planetorion.org so that readers have a single source to get all the information they need.

Thanks for your help,
John

Back to the top