[orion-dev] JavaScript unit tests have returned

Client-side JS unit tests are now running in the orion-client job on Hudson. You can view the latest test results here: https://hudson.eclipse.org/orion/job/orion-client/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/%28root%29/

Test facts
  • We are using Sauce Labs to run the tests in various browsers.

  • The test count
    shown in Hudson
    (
    ~
    4000
    )
    counts tests multiple times (once per platform). We're running on 4 platforms right now, so divide the test count by 4 to get the real number of tests.
  • The
    platforms we run on are as follows. I think we've covered the most popular runtimes, but more can be added if needed.
    • Chrome 26 (Windows 7)
    • Firefox 24 (Linux)

    • IE 10 (Windows 7)
    • Safari 7 (Mavericks)
I haven't finished converting all of Orion's old JsTestDriver test cases to Mocha yet, so test figures will increase in the coming days as I add more.

Docs
For JS developers, here's the recommended way to write tests now:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Running_the_tests#Client_tests

For those interested in releng (all 0 of you), here's how the build works internally:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Releng_Builds#_javascript__tests

Mark

Back to the top