Re: [orion-dev] The orion.eclipse.org server will be updated to the latest server metadata with tomorrows deploy

Looks good, thanks Anthony!

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Anthony Hunter <anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Yes, "backup the server" is "backup the serverworkspace". This is a good point, I have corrected with a link to point back to the server admin guide ( https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide#Changing_the_server_workspace ).

Cheers...
Anthony

From:        Adrian Aichner <adrian.aichner@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        2014/05/12 02:48 PM
Subject:        Re: [orion-dev] The orion.eclipse.org server will be updated to the latest server metadata with tomorrows deploy
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Anthony Hunter <anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Team,

Sometime tomorrow we will deploy the next Orion build on
orion.eclipse.org and flip the bit on the latest server metadata format ( https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Metadata_migration#Orion_6.0_Migration ).

Hi Antony, the wiki page just states "Backup the server" in places.

Would be great if this step could be defined specifically ones in the wiki.

Is it sufficient to just make a full copy of the directory specified by the orion -data argument, defaulting to serverworkspace?

I could update the wiki accordingly, if you want.

Adrian

If you see any issues let me know.

Cheers...

Anthony