[orion-dev] How to add orion shell command that will execute on the server shell

I am using orion as the web-based IDE for our team development work. I need to have a way to execute command to copy files/directories from the orion workspace to a locations outside of the workspace via the orion shell. But since it is not just a single file I would like to use something like a shell script or even ant.

So I start playing with the plugins. In particular trying to add more command to the orion shell (gcli). I was able to follow the example in adding the arbitrary command from the online documentation. (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/Developer_Guide/Plugging_into_the_shell) However I cannot find anything that point to adding command that will run shell command on the server.

I was able to clone the repos and see there are npm plugins for orion shell. But since I'm so new to orion, I can't quite follow how it was able to execute the command on the server side. If anyone can point me to documentation or example on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Suggestion of alternative is also welcome.

So to summarize: How to implement orion shell plugin that will execute arbitrary shell script on the server that orion is running?

Back to the top