[orion-dev] Compile errors while building orion.

In order to build Orion locally so that I can hack on it, I have followed the instructions from section Self-hosting on your local computer using Eclipse IDE at the web page https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Getting_the_source. I am using Eclipse Kepler SR2 on a 64-bit Kubuntu 13.10.

I get the following compile errors:

Syntax error on token ".", , expected GitHubFileImpl.js /org.eclipse.orion.client.ui/web/plugins/filePlugin line 52 _javascript_ Problem

Syntax error on token "default", Identifier expected SideMenu.js /org.eclipse.orion.client.ui/web/orion/webui line 295 _javascript_ Problem

The left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable SideMenu.js /org.eclipse.orion.client.ui/web/orion/webui line 14 _javascript_ Problem

Syntax error on token "default", Identifier expected SideMenu.js /org.eclipse.orion.client.ui/web/orion/webui line 288 _javascript_ Problem

I switched the git repositories to the 5.0 release tag instead of the master branch, and got the exact same compile errors. Thus, I would guess that there is something wrong with my tools setup, as opposed to these being real compile errors. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Cheers,
    Chris Stone.

Back to the top