Re: [orion-dev] How do I enable content assist for JQuery on OrionHub?

Sorry Mike I meant to reply earlier,
This was a planted question from a discussion Bob and I had at Eclipsecon. Basically the built in language level type-inferencing and code assist in Orion is pretty good now and improving and the issue is increasingly more about how to enable it for:
1) Common 3rd party library like JQuery where we have a pre-built index or TypeScript Definition
2) Your own library in terms of authoring an index
...  and then how do we package it so Orion can use it
e.g. do we use a plugin, or do we reference it in our project.json, or perhaps just put the index file in a related folder or something else.

In addition to the bug you mention I'll also track a plan item for this for the 6.0 release in June.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Michael Rennie---03/24/2014 01:33:58 PM---Hi Bob, currently there is no good way to contribute a 3rd Michael Rennie---03/24/2014 01:33:58 PM---Hi Bob, currently there is no good way to contribute a 3rd party index / support to

Michael Rennie/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

03/24/2014 01:33 PM

Re: [orion-dev] How do I enable content assist for JQuery on OrionHub?

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bob,

currently there is no good way to contribute a 3rd party index / support to the JS tools.

You could try adding your index like:

provider.registerService("orion.core.typedef", {}, {
id: "node.redis",    //your index id
type: "tern",        //the type, must be 'tern'
defs: RedisIndex    //the index object
});

which should be picked up by our indexer, which in turn would allow our content assist support to use the index while inferring. But this option would require you to also provide a separate plug-in
to Orion.

We are also  investigating better support in
bug 427033, the idea being able to point the tooling at an installable library which would allow 3rd parties to provide indexes, content assist proposal, etc to the JS tools (and be able to remove them) easily.

Michael Rennie

I would like to use OrionHub to develop a Web app using JQuery. I hear that I may be able to add an index to enable content assist for JQuery.

Please let us know if/how this can be done.

Thanks,
Bob