Re: [orion-dev] Worth my/our time adding Category:Orion to wiki pages?

Hi Adrian, thanks for doing that! I would say don't bother adding the category to all the documentation pages. As long as the root Orion/Documentation page shows up then people will find the documentation when browsing the category page. If we put the tag on every single doc page I think it will just clutter up the category page and not add a lot of extra value.

John

From:        Adrian Aichner <adrian.aichner@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        02/12/2014 12:16 PM
Subject:        [orion-dev] Worth my/our time adding Category:Orion to wiki pages?
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All!

Last night I added

[[Category:Orion]]

at the end of many pages found with (the now greatly shortened list at)

https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Special:UncategorizedPages&limit=180&offset=8587

so they can easily by monitored with

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Special:RecentChangesLinked/Category:Orion

I have not touched any files under
Orion/Documentation/
since I was not sure whether that could interfere with the automated
updating of the Help system from wiki content.

Turns out some of these are already categorized:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Special%3ACategoryTree&target=Orion&mode=all&namespaces=

I would be happy to add the missing category to these unless there are
tools in place to do this without my mechanical turking (yes I find
the term derogatory myself).

Adrian