Re: [orion-dev] FOSDEM Report

On 05/02/2014 6:56 AM, Ken Walker wrote:
That's great! Might be a good idea to track any things you thought we're lacking from the node server for this use case and put it in the 6.0 plan?

To be honest, it worked pretty well as is. As I recall, the only things we added are listed below. Providing samples for the first two would be a nice-to-have, but they're really just basic Linux / node.js configuration stuff.
  1. npm start/stop scripts to be called from the console.
  2. An init.d script to make sure that the node server started on reboot (and I'm not even 100% sure Benjamin used the one I gave him.)
  3. Edited the orion.conf file to point Orion to the right directory.
Benjamin can correct me if I've forgotten something.

Personally, for my hacking pleasure, the one thing that I would love to see is the workspace parameter in orion.conf be a path variable rather than a single directory. I've run into several instances where I've had to move stuff around, or put stuff in unusual places simply to make them visible to Orion. It would be very nice if you could specify multiple root directories for your workspace.
--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top