[orion-dev] Updated the Orion/Contributing Code page

Hi Team,

I have updated the Contributing code changes to Orion (for non-committers) page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Contributing_Code .

I have added command line references to put into context each of the git commands that need to be done in either Orion or Eclipse, hopefully it all makes sense.

I added a new section http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Contributing_Code#Keeping_up_to_date with the best practice, Gabriel and myself have been doing these steps.

I also expanded out a new section http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Contributing_Code#Create_a_branch_for_your_work as it is really important to do your new work in a branch or things get hard when trying to keep up to date.

I also added a section http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Contributing_Code#Strange_commit:_Merge_remote-tracking_branch_.27upstream.2Fmaster.27 as a note as to why strange "Merge remote-tracking branch" commits were showing up in my fork and how to clean up. (I did not read the fine print the first time through and started working in master rather than creating a branch).

Let me know if any of these changes could be improved upon.

Cheers...
Anthony

Back to the top