Re: [orion-dev] Supported Target Platforms

I think he was asking *could* it host JDT core plug-ins. It does host plug-ins, so I'd say the answer to that is "sure, as long as the dependencies are met". There'd still be real work to do though since, for example, the current Java based Orion server is multi-tenant, whereas I was thinking of the "compile server" being single-tenant (more like Orionode).

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Mike Milinkovich" ---2013/04/15 13:24:48---Martin,"Mike Milinkovich" ---2013/04/15 13:24:48---Martin,

From: "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Orion developer discussions'" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 2013/04/15 13:24
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] Supported Target Platforms
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Martin,

Orion was built from a clean base. There are currently two supported servers: node.js, and a lightweight Java server implemented using Equinox OSGi, Jetty, JGit and Lucene. AFAIK, there is no code from JDT anywhere in Orion.

Hope that helps.

    Then, is Orion based on a full Eclipse runtime on server side (e.g. capable of plugging in resources plug-in and the JDT core plug-ins), was it somehow built from a clean base or is it actually implemented in node.js?