Re: [orion-dev] Orion & COBOL

That's really great, I spread the news around Twitter and put it on our Orion Buzz page.

Ken Walker
Co-Lead Eclipse Orion Project | Tools for the Web, On the Web
http://orionhub.org | http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion
@kwalker | @orionhub

Inactive hide details for Chris Whitty ---2013/03/11 01:48:22 PM---Hi all, Last summer Micro Focus had a team of interns work wChris Whitty ---2013/03/11 01:48:22 PM---Hi all, Last summer Micro Focus had a team of interns work with us to create an extension for Orion

Chris Whitty <chris.whitty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

2013/03/11 01:48 PM

[orion-dev] Orion & COBOL

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Last summer Micro Focus had a team of interns work with us to create an extension for Orion so we could use it as an online COBOL editor. Since we have just gone public with a hosted instance of it I thought I would share it with you all.

We have a couple of flavours, a full hosted Orion instance that supports things like syntax checking, formatting and other features available here: http://orion.microfocus.com (along with some ‘getting started’ steps)

We have also reused the editor in a couple of other contexts such as an online code samples browser running here: http://orion.microfocus.com/cobolPlugin/sampleBrowser.html

These are all demos and using pre 1.0 Orion builds so please expect parts of it to be a bit rough around the edges. That said I hope it shows people just how versatile Orion can be as a platform, more information is available here: http://blog.microfocus.com/news/try-your-hand-at-editing-cobol-in-the-browser/2271/

Thank you to everyone who contributes to making Orion such a great platform.

Chris Whitty
Micro Focus

Micro Focus Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01504593 Registered office: The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QN, UK