[orion-dev] Overriding email templates used by UserEmailUtil

Is there any way to override which text templates are loaded by UserEmailUtil.java?

I'm building an app [1] on top of Orion 1.0/2.0 and in an attempt to avoid code duplication, I'm trying to make use of as much of the Orion server code as I can.

In the past (for example), we've easily overridden the LoginWindow.* resources: since they are loaded by URLs, we could add "org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.resources" extension points for those URLs pointing to resources in our plugins instead.

However, the email templates are loaded thusly:

     UserAdminActivator.getDefault().getBundleContext().getBundle().getEntry(fileName)

Looks like those are pulled directly from the org.eclipse.orion.server.useradmin bundle and doesn't allow other plugins to override those.  Is that correct?  Is there some OSGi/servlet magic that might allow me to load different template files?

[1] maqetta.org

Javier Pedemonte

Back to the top