Re: [orion-dev] Maven/Tycho build

This looks like a great start, thanks Matthias! Just to give you a heads up, we won't be able to switch builds in the next couple of weeks because we are in the middle of our 2.0 release endgame (wrapping up end of February). Meanwhile I'll try to find some time to give it a try and make some progress with it.

John

From:        Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        01/28/2013 07:06 PM
Subject:        [orion-dev] Maven/Tycho build
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I pushed a draft of a Maven/Tycho build for Orion to GitHub

orion.server:
branch tycho:
https://github.com/msohn/orion.server/tree/tycho

orion.client:
branch tycho:
https://github.com/msohn/orion.client/tree/tycho

Instructions how to run maven build
https://github.com/msohn/orion.server/blob/tycho/README.md

Still a lot of room for improvement but some basics seem to
work:

- building bundles and features, p2 repository and products
- running Orion from Eclipse using web-ide.launch or from the product build
 (see org.eclipse.orion.server/releng/org.eclipse.orion.server.repository/target/products)

things that don't work yet:
- running tests doesn't find some configurations failing many tests
 with missing http.port
- can't add org.eclipse.orion.server.ui to p2 repository due to version
 conflicts
- can't start orion server with consoleApp on Mac
- probably many more details

please give it a try and comment whatever needs improvement.

--
Matthias