From: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simon Kaegi
Sent: Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013 22:35
To: Orion developer discussions
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] Running Orion on Virgo?

I know the Maqetta team was experimenting with a version of Orion as a WAR file using the servletbridge.

As I recall what was involved was a modification to:
1) the server.configurator's Activator to prevent it from starting Jetty
2) the web.xml making sure that there was an init-param for other.info=org.eclipse.orion (the server.configurator uses a service-filter in it's plugin.xml to figure out who to register all the servlets and resources with)

At this point it's just a clever hack but if your team has interest in running Orion on Virgo we'd be happy to work with you to split the server.configurator up to make this sort of integration much easier.

-Simon

Description: Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---01/22/2013 02:02:42 PM---Hi Christian, I am no Virgo expert but that sounds right. ThJohn Arthorne---01/22/2013 02:02:42 PM---Hi Christian, I am no Virgo expert but that sounds right. The intent is  that someone using a differ

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

01/22/2013 02:02 PM

Re: [orion-dev] Running Orion on Virgo?

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Christian, I am no Virgo expert but that sounds right. The intent is that someone using a different servlet container would discard our "configurator" bundle and perform the equivalent configuration for their container. I'm not aware of anyone doing this for Virgo yet but if there is someone out there please speak up! We would be happy to add some documentation on this or maybe even host an "example" Virgo configuration if anyone has done this work.

John