Re: [orion-dev] Intro / Bug 380305

Hi George,

Just back from holidays and catching up on emails. I see Silenio pushed your change! Congrats on your first commit!

I just updated the following wiki page on contributing outlining our approach to granting committer rights to Orion. It starts with looking for opportunities as you have done.

If you are interested in a particular area/component then reach out here or look through bugzilla for that 'opportunity' mentioned. We're very interested in ensuring Orion is a project supported by a wide community.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Contributing_Code

Cheers,
Ken Walker

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---2012/07/06 08:52:15 AM---Welcome George! Your fix in bug 380305 looks reasonable but John Arthorne---2012/07/06 08:52:15 AM---Welcome George! Your fix in bug 380305 looks reasonable but I'll leave someone with more editor exp

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

2012/07/06 08:52 AM

Re: [orion-dev] Intro / Bug 380305

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome George! Your fix in bug 380305 looks reasonable but I'll leave someone with more editor expertise to review it. Thanks for your contribution. I think a great place to dive in would be in language tooling features. We have very little in the way of CSS tooling support for example, and nobody working on it right now. Improved content assist and syntax validation come to mind. But really, there are lots of different areas you can dive in but it depends where your interests are.

John

    George Bochenek <bochenekgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
    Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    07/05/2012 10:01 PM

    Please respond to
    Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
    [orion-dev] Intro / Bug 380305

Hi All,

My name is George and I've been looking for a new project to work on. I stumbled upon your project looking through the Eclipse bugzilla and it seems really interesting. Right now I'm just wrapping my head around the client code base and looking around

As a quick start, I looked at
Bug 380305 and disabled the number parsing for CSS pages (commented to the bug). That way, there is a much cleaner feel to the highlighting in the CSS editor.

Thanks for the project and I appreciate any tips/suggestions on where to dive in.

---
George