Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

> I would be happy to wait longer for a search result if that would mean it could ensure the search index is up-to-date
Me too. Is this doable with the current architecture?

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Kris De Volder ---2012/05/01 18:44:05---> This worked for me. I wonder if you typed the line and thenKris De Volder ---2012/05/01 18:44:05---> This worked for me. I wonder if you typed the line and then immediately searched for it. That is a

From: Kris De Volder <kdvolder@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2012/05/01 18:44
Subject: Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

> This worked for me. I wonder if you typed the line and then immediately searched for it. That is a big current limitation in our search - because it is index based and the
> index may not be up to date at the moment you search.

It was actually quite an old file. Not something I just entered. Now that I try it again it actually does work.
Not sure why it didn't work earlier. Now I'm starting to think maybe I imagined it :-)

Problems of indexes being 'out of date' are probably adding to the feeling of 'unreliability' I get.
Though I can't say whether or not this particular case was really an example of that.

I would be happy to wait longer for a search result if that would mean it could ensure the search index is up-to-date
before it starts searching.

Kris