Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Kris De Volder <kdvolder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I think there is an important role for git GUI.
>
> I don't disagree on this. I just found my initial try out
> of it, which is quite a while ago I admit... too offputting
> to want to use it.
>
> I do like GUI tools. I use gitg as much as possible. It shows me a nice
> graph-view of branches / history and lets me view diffs and do commits,
> rebases, merges by clicking in that graph.
>
> Things it can't do I go to the commandline (after some google searching to
> figure out what to type :-)

I tried gitg ... briefly ;-). The graph and summary of commits is
nice, partly because it is fast and compact. I also like the way that
clicking on the commit shows the files/diffs in the UI without fuss.

But the show stopper for me was no editing. I usually have to clean up
my commits. In orion I just click on the compare and edit.

jjb

Back to the top