Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

I like the classification. Your email made me think of this list, which includes a few more:

1 - new users/kick the tires
- be inviting/pretty, welcoming/guiding.
- make it easy to create some content, edit, try it out
2 - non-Orion developers using JS or some other language.
- language tooling
- site deployment flexibility
3 - Orion contributors who want to submit features/fixes to Orion
- git workflows that make it easy to clone and merge/keep up with mainstream
- accepting contributions workflow so that it's easy for committers to take the work in
4 - Orion committers
- git workflows that make it easy to work in topic branches, merge, etc
- self hosted sites
5 - Orion integrators
- localhost scenarios
- code consumption/decoupling our services
- tons of examples

Perhaps #3 and #4 could be collapsed, but the git workflows are certainly different for each.
John did some work about a year ago on a persona list [1] (where user #4 was named Boris, user #2 might be Nathan)...
One thing that might be useful as we prioritize UX issues is to always track which user (whether named or not) we are doing the work for. If we focus on a particular set of workflows that apply mostly to one kind of user, it should be intentional...

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Use_Cases

Inactive hide details for Boris Bokowski ---05/01/2012 07:57:30 AM---+1 to what John said. I would recommend you look at two clBoris Bokowski ---05/01/2012 07:57:30 AM---+1 to what John said. I would recommend you look at two classes of users for which the UX can be