Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

Sorry for not answering sooner, yes you are more than welcome to join.

The numbers are:
* Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
* North America (toll free) 1-877-369-7806
* Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
* France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
* UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 703, then enter pin 14554

* SIP clients can call
703@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, then enter pin 14554.

Thanks,
Ken Walker
Orion Co-lead

Inactive hide details for Zachariah Moreno ---2012/04/27 06:56:25 PM---Good afternoon, I have a few thoughts on Orion UX and amZachariah Moreno ---2012/04/27 06:56:25 PM---Good afternoon, I have a few thoughts on Orion UX and am wondering if it would be

Zachariah Moreno <xachmoreno@xxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

2012/04/27 06:56 PM

Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Good afternoon,

I have a few thoughts on Orion UX and am wondering if it would be appropriate to participate in this call? I was just accepted to GSoC with a proposal to Orion & am, therefor, new to the community and wanting to get more involved. If someone could please explain a little about the protocol for these calls, I would be more then happy to prepare in advance.

Cheers,

Zachariah Moreno
zachariahmoreno.com

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM, John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Simon Kaegi <Simon_Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'd like to hold a call next Tuesday at 12pm Eastern time (e.g. same time of
    > day as our regular Thursday call) to discuss user experience as well as
    > ideas around theming. For an initial meeting Susan suggested bringing "a
    > list of the 10 things that bug you the most as a user"

    My list in case it might inspire discussion:

    1. Waiting. eg git repositories page.
    2. Scrolling. eg git repositories page or plugins page
    3. Flashing. Many pages do large repaints for small actions.
    4. Overwriting. Accidentally edit a file in two tabs, you lose.
    5. Cursing. Search then click the breadcrumb to go to a directory. It
    searches instead.
    6. Debugging. well, no debugging of course.
    7. Pondering. Did it work? Why FAILED? Oh, I need to look over there
    to see the message.

    Generally I like to see the UI be more compact, with smaller icons and
    less redundant text, update in-place rather than by-page, provide
    messages at the point of interaction, and be more workflow focused and
    therefore less uniform.

    jjb

    >  and I think that's
    > fine for a first call. Please feel free to ping additional ideas on the
    > list. User experience is incredibly important and depending on the need this
    > call might be made a regular bi-weekly chance to discuss.
    >
    > I unfortunately do not have an Eclipse bridge number at the moment but am
    > getting help from the Foundation to set things up. I will send an update
    > either before the call or failing that we can use my personal bridge.
    >
    > -Simon

Zachariah Moreno

zachariahmoreno.com