Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

I probably won't be able to join the call, but here are some things
that I notice:

1. When opening the splash screen for the first time after restarting
my browser, there is a 4-5 second wait for the page to appear.  I'm
not exactly sure what is happening during this time, but it is not
waiting to download scripts since this happens when I run Orion
locally.  I've seen this on Chrome, but not Firefox.

2. The git UI is cumbersome compared to a command line (I know we have
had this discussion before, but I am just reiterating).  The git UI is
not optimized for the workflow that I typically use.  Eg- Pull from
remote A, rebase onto my master, push to remote B.  On the command
line, this take 3-5 seconds depending on the size of the pull.  In
Orion, this takes 20-30 seconds while waiting for each page to reload.
 I am not necessarily suggesting that we optimize for this particular
workflow.  Rather I am saying that there are so many potential
workflows that I cannot see how the UI can possibly handle all of
them.  But, I do have to say that the new git diff view is very, very
nice.

3. Frequent logouts.  I tend to run Orion locally and I find that
every time my machine wakes up, I need to log in again.

4. In the git status page, the commit message box is not editable
until there is at least one staged change.

5. The "Get plugins" page should have a link to go to the plugins
settings page directly, without requiring the user to click on a
plugin.  Eg- I want to be able to go directly to
http://orion.eclipse.org/settings/settings.html without needing to
first go to http://orion.eclipse.org/settings/settings.html#,category=plugins,installPlugin=http://mamacdon.github.com/0.3/plugins/bugzilla/plugin.html

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
--a