Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Simon Kaegi <Simon_Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to hold a call next Tuesday at 12pm Eastern time (e.g. same time of
> day as our regular Thursday call) to discuss user experience as well as
> ideas around theming. For an initial meeting Susan suggested bringing "a
> list of the 10 things that bug you the most as a user"

My list in case it might inspire discussion:

1. Waiting. eg git repositories page.
2. Scrolling. eg git repositories page or plugins page
3. Flashing. Many pages do large repaints for small actions.
4. Overwriting. Accidentally edit a file in two tabs, you lose.
5. Cursing. Search then click the breadcrumb to go to a directory. It
searches instead.
6. Debugging. well, no debugging of course.
7. Pondering. Did it work? Why FAILED? Oh, I need to look over there
to see the message.

Generally I like to see the UI be more compact, with smaller icons and
less redundant text, update in-place rather than by-page, provide
messages at the point of interaction, and be more workflow focused and
therefore less uniform.

jjb