[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [orion-dev] User Experience Call
- From: John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:43:34 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=lH8vHqwWRZ6mTsmJ6HlNPPCpdNCTxAUOuK4PvPuWK88=; b=LaSMvji1L/1sDDn96DE3EQxeTju6HWVxGkuYG8Ck5HbPiNxvM6dSbQYNUMnOX3s0EG HB/NS3aP4JW6T9hp6ShC8lcXRLyc4JhsGuOfxIktT5kxdp2Q4H/sOMzJUjTDiSmHvYNf Lf/0EsGVSez7u/L7j6blMO5g2iqWNg3DZcRKUU6cAuxAIEabpsjk33cxtBX4iu+3yqbE z5dNBcyM5yVaPNwFMQupIt2n1JmZj0qk3ZGU7WxDVM+GhHF/tq3o+3b7jsRjejCdcw7C INBmnHJD2OJemoVVJjLZRShMAU6nrpQO/VJiAReG2dNUvlX98ye/hB+T13e15sOtw3l6 kILA==
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Simon Kaegi <Simon_Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to hold a call next Tuesday at 12pm Eastern time (e.g. same time of
> day as our regular Thursday call) to discuss user experience as well as
> ideas around theming. For an initial meeting Susan suggested bringing "a
> list of the 10 things that bug you the most as a user"
My list in case it might inspire discussion:
1. Waiting. eg git repositories page.
2. Scrolling. eg git repositories page or plugins page
3. Flashing. Many pages do large repaints for small actions.
4. Overwriting. Accidentally edit a file in two tabs, you lose.
5. Cursing. Search then click the breadcrumb to go to a directory. It
6. Debugging. well, no debugging of course.
7. Pondering. Did it work? Why FAILED? Oh, I need to look over there
to see the message.
Generally I like to see the UI be more compact, with smaller icons and
less redundant text, update in-place rather than by-page, provide
messages at the point of interaction, and be more workflow focused and
therefore less uniform.
> and I think that's
> fine for a first call. Please feel free to ping additional ideas on the
> list. User experience is incredibly important and depending on the need this
> call might be made a regular bi-weekly chance to discuss.
> I unfortunately do not have an Eclipse bridge number at the moment but am
> getting help from the Foundation to set things up. I will send an update
> either before the call or failing that we can use my personal bridge.
> orion-dev mailing list