Re: [orion-dev] Deploying Orion with a Different Webserver

Hi Leo, I answered the same question on the Orion forum this morning. You could take a look and follow up there if you have more questions:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/336090/

John

Leo R <leoroos@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/24/2012 11:45 AM

Please respond to
Leo R <leoroos@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Deploying Orion with a Different Webserver

Hi,

I want to run Orion on Apache Tomcat or more general in a Servlet Container. Since I havn't done much web engeneering I am not sure where to start.
Perhaps someone has already tried something similiar or can point me to a ressource that will help me.
As far as I can tell, there is the possibility to embed OSGI-Bundles in a servlet container using the [bridge.war][http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php].

Would that be the way to go or is there a better approach?

And if I am able to deploy Orion in Tomcat, what adjustments would I have to make in order to
make it work with tomcat instead of jetty.
I would guess that the changes are limited to the server.configurator bundle.

Thanks,
orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx