Re: [orion-dev] Stray commas

I've never had a problem with commas in object literals in Firefox or Chrome.
jjb

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Anton McConville <Anton.McConville@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually stray commas are disastrous for a web developer with browsers too! While FireFox is generous in tolerating them, IE or WebKit will consistently fail with them. They're not welcome at all, and typically any error presented will not immediately suggest a stray comma.

Anton

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---04/11/2012 11:05:09 AM---One of the build problems last night was an an extra trailinJohn Arthorne---04/11/2012 11:05:09 AM---One of the build problems last night was an an extra trailing comma in an object literal. These are tolerated by browsers but a

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/11/2012 11:05 AM

[orion-dev] Stray commas

One of the build problems last night was an an extra trailing comma in an object literal. These are tolerated by browsers but are illegal and cause the closure compiler in our build to fail. This is just a reminder that we should all be using the Orion _javascript_ editor, which correctly reports trailing commas as illegal. Please don't commit any JS file that has errors showing in the Orion editor. These problems are trivial to catch at editing time but can be really difficult to track down in the build (Simon was tracking this down until 1am last night).

John