Re: [orion-dev] help with missing Content-Length in header returned for built-index.js

Hi Andy,
I'm guessing you're setting --http1.0 to try and avoid chunking which apparently partially works but results in Content-Length not getting set by the GzipFilter.
If you really can't support HTTP/1.1 chunked but still really need Content-Length all I can suggest trying is to not send an Accept-Encoding header.

-Simon

p.s. FWIW I tried setting bufferSize for the GZipFilter in the hope that content length would be set if it fit in the buffer but to no avail. You can ask on jetty-dev but one thing to keep in mind is that we're really using the raw http container so don't have the full configurability that Jetty might normally have.

Inactive hide details for Andy Clement ---02/23/2012 03:14:23 PM---Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.  We have a system that is pAndy Clement ---02/23/2012 03:14:23 PM---Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a system that is processing the

Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx>

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

02/23/2012 03:14 PM

[orion-dev] help with missing Content-Length in header returned for built-index.js

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.  We have a system that is processing the
because the built-index.js file is not returning a Content-Length in
its header response.  Other files do:

curl -v --http1.0 --header "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate"
http://orion.eclipse.org/plugin.js 2>&1 > foo.out | grep Content

But not built-index.js:

curl -v --http1.0 --header "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate"
http://orion.eclipse.org/built-index.js 2>&1 > foo.out | grep Content

Running that second command against a local configuration includes an
extra bit of info:

curl -v --http1.0 --header "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate"
http://localhost:8085/built-index.js > foo.out
* no chunk, no close, no size. Assume close to signal end

I see that built-index.js is a 500k file.  The smaller jslintworker.js
(200k) also exhibits this behaviour.  The files down around 50k are
fine (e.g. searchExplorer.js)

Does anyone know why this is? Is it feasible to ensure a
Content-Length is always returned even for these large files?  Is it a
jetty config option?

many thanks
Andy