From:        John J Barton <johnjbarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        2012-02-20 17:52
Subject:        [orion-dev] Diff summary between branch and remote?
Sent by:        orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The Orion git StatusLocation:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_API/Git_API#Getting_status_for_a_git_project
provides a great summary of the difference between the working
directory and the current 'branch' of the repo.

Is there any similar thing for other pairs of branches?

I want to include a summary in my UI that resembles the one you get on
the command line: "Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 4
commits".  Suggestions?

jjb