Re: [orion-dev] new header/layout released, more to come

> Boris Bokowski <bokowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Susan Franklin McCourt
> <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The main thing to know from a user point of view is that progress and status
> > messages are now in the footer.
>
> Hi Susan,
>
> Is there a bug or a wiki page that explains why you introduced a
> footer? Orion now feels less "webby" and more "IDEy". Was this
> intended?

Didn't we always have a footer? I think the only change here is a new link was added to the footer.

Most web pages have some kind of footer, but I guess the difference you are referring to is that normally you have to scroll to the bottom of the page content to see the footer, rather than having it "outside" the scrollable content area. That way it doesn't compete for screen real estate with the main page content. That makes sense to me, although it would mean we can't put anything important like progress messages down there.

John

Back to the top