[orion-dev] plugin for converting to RGB

Sometimes I want to steal an rgb value from a screensnap and simple paint programs like mspaint will report the rgb value in decimal....
So I wrote a little editor plugin that will convert something like
191,191,191
#bfbfbf

After the next build you can find it in http://orion.eclipse.org/plugins/toRGBPlugin.html
Until then you can install it from your workspace location.

What I did is very simple/specific, but if anyone wanted to take this further as a way of tinkering with the plugin model....
- would be cool to convert between HSV, RGB, etc
- would be very cool to put up a color prompter if the editor text wasn't recognized as matching the pattern and then insert the rgb value... (Anton????)
- etc...

susan

Back to the top