Re: [orion-dev] Introduction: Alex Boone

Welcome Alex. I'm obviously biased but I think Orion and OpenShift are a natural fit of open tools with open runtimes. I've played around with a few of your OpenShift samples on GitHub entirely within Orion, and it has worked quite well for me [1]. Our more recent integration of syntax highlighting for all OpenShift languages makes it much better than when I first tried it [2] (note you need to install a separate plugin to add this at the moment).  Obviously with closer integration you could do things like use Orion tools to modify a deployed application as it is running (at least for dynamic language cases). Don't hesitate to bring up any questions here as you do your evaluation.

[1] http://planetorion.org/news/2011/11/developing-for-openshift-on-orion/
[2] http://planetorion.org/news/2011/12/orion-0-4-m1-%E2%80%93-new-and-noteworthy/#tooling-modes-highlighting

John

Alex Boone <aboone@xxxxxxxxxx>