Re: [orion-dev] Introduction: Andrew Eisenberg

Welcome Andrew! I can't remember if it was you or Andy mentioning today being new to _javascript_. I just wanted to pass along two book pointers that I have found extremely helpful over the past year getting familiar with the language:

_javascript_: The Good Parts by Douglas Crockford - you can just sit down and read this in a couple of hours and it will give an excellent overview.
_javascript_: The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan - a major book that has every last detail of the language you might need to know.  Great as a reference book.

Because _javascript_ has almost no class libraries, it doesn't take that long to master the core language. But, it has some strange and subtle corners that these books can help to navigate...

John

Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/12/2012 01:54 PM

Please respond to
andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Introduction: Andrew Eisenberg

Hi all,

Another introduction here.  I am Andrew Eisenberg and I work at
VMware.  I project lead of the AspectJ Development Tools as well as
Groovy-Eclipse (Eclipse tooling for the Groovy programming language,
hosted at codehaus.org).  I also contribute to the SpringSource Tool
Suite, specifically in the area of Grails tooling and Maven
integration.

Most of my work focuses on editing and debug support (search,
refactoring, content assist, breakpoints, evaluation, etc) of JVM
languages.  Up until now, this has been done by working on top of JDT.

Moving to the Cloud and _javascript_ world, I'm interested in seeing
if/how we can apply the same techniques that work well with JVM
languages.

Andrew