Re: [orion-dev] Project tool bar?

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Susan Franklin McCourt <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Are you wanting the breadcrumb in pages that don't currently have it? (such as sites?)

No, Sites is a workspace task, it would not have a project toolbar

Not sure what you mean by path breadcrumb, since it's included on most pages that are dealing with a resource.

? Yes, I mean by path breadcrumb the thing in the upper left that is on most pages that deal with resources. So another way to phrase my comment is that the breadcrumb needs some project-level allies like git-status and debug.

- Search is scoped by where you are in the nav (or what file you are editing, etc.) Pretty sure it scopes to project when you are editing.

Yes for directories. no for editing.

The other examples (debug, git-status) I could see appearing in the "related tasks" section.

I'm not sure where this is?

I imagine for each page, we have a decision to make about what scope that page implies (if it's not obvious like navigator where you've explicitly chosen a scope).

Sure, but I think it's mostly not very hard: Workspace links -> Workspace scoped-pages; Project links -> Project scoped pages

I agree that project level is probably what you want in many cases.

Great, I do think this matches the overall task orientation of the UI.

Inactive hide details for John J Barton ---01/11/2012 09:40:01 AM---On the top right side of Orion pages we have Navigator...ReJohn J Barton ---01/11/2012 09:40:01 AM---On the top right side of Orion pages we have Navigator...Repositories: Workspace Tools