[orion-dev] page layout, github skinny header, etc.

For 0.4, we've been evaluating whether our attempts to keep our header lean/skinny (half the size of github or jazz) were working.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Page_Layout

Github is now moving in this direction with the "skinny header"....combining header elements similarly to how we have been doing.
https://github.com/blog/1007-skinny-header

We can probably learn a lot by following the feedback they get on this move.

My feeling is that our header could be even "skinnier" if we dedicated more vertical space to the breadcrumb outside of the header. So that we probably give up more pixels than we did before, but with a smaller static header and then an underneath part that gives more room for breadcrumbs and other dimensions like branches, etc. That's where I think we are heading for 0.4.....

susan

Back to the top