Re: [orion-dev] git merge conflicts

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John J Barton wrote on 12/19/2011 10:37:02 AM:

> I am trying to merge but I have a conflict. What do I do next? The
> git-status page has a link

> http://orionhub.org/git/git-status.html#undefined
> which is bug I reported. But even if the link was correct I don't
> know what to do.

Orion Git resolves conflicts exactly like git command line tools. Fix up and commit the conflicting files manually as you would do on the command line.

Sorry, I don't understand.

On the command line the file, eg readme.txt will be modified after the merge-failure. It will have >>> markers in the file. You have use an editor to make a new version of the file, typically without the markers.

But in Orion I only have the local version. I can't get the remote version, a diff, or a file with markers.  What am I doing wrong?

jjb

John A