Re: [orion-dev] Ability to launch commands on server?

Anna Dushistova wrote on 12/08/2011 11:08:26 PM:

> Is there any API to launch a command(for instance, make) in Orion?
> I don't seem to be able to find one...

If you mean launch a command on the server, there isn't any. It's designed as a multi-user server so there is no way for a user to directly invoke shell commands. You would need a new plugin on the server, or possibly run a separate build server that exposes the commands you need. Are you looking at using Orion for tooling a compiled language? This is something we are interested in exploring in the long term, although our current focus is on interpreted languages without a complex build step.

John

Back to the top