Re: [orion-dev] HTML Outliner

Even for my home website (which is just about as simple a page as you can get), I ended up with a lot of entries...

So, of course, the first thing I looked for was a "twisty" to hide/show the substructure(s).

It feels like what you really want is something between the two views; i.e. you want the "interesting" bits of hierarchy, with the actual IDs called out. What do other tools do for this?

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Mark MacDonald---2011/12/05 18:06:21---Very cool. The tag hierarchy makes way more conceptual sense tMark MacDonald---2011/12/05 18:06:21---Very cool. The tag hierarchy makes way more conceptual sense to me than the flat-list-of-IDs.

Mark MacDonald/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2011/12/05 18:06

Re: [orion-dev] HTML Outliner

Very cool. The tag hierarchy makes way more conceptual sense to me than the flat-list-of-IDs.

While we're on the subject, the latest version of the CSSLint plugin now provides an outline view for .css files. (It's just a flat list of the rules in your file, but does help with navigation.)
The plugin URL is here:

http://mamacdon.github.com/0.3/plugins/csslint/csslintPlugin.html

Mark

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---12/05/2011 04:43:24 PM---I have written a new hierarchical HTML outliner plugin, whicJohn Arthorne---12/05/2011 04:43:24 PM---I have written a new hierarchical HTML outliner plugin, which you can try out here: