Re: [orion-dev] Editor 0.4 Plan

Thanks Mike and yes providing support for additional languages is in plan, just at a higher level than the editor text widget. To be clear, we're talking about syntax-highlighting basics e.g. keywords, brackets, comments, significant space etc. so this is an area where contributors could provide something useful for their favorite language without a huge investment. Also in plan is deeper work for HTML/CSS/JS to help us better figure out general language tooling APIs and to validate/exercise all the cool new editor features added in 0.3.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for "Mike Milinkovich" ---10/27/2011 06:19:11 PM---Am I reading this correctly that no where in the plan "Mike Milinkovich" ---10/27/2011 06:19:11 PM---Am I reading this correctly that no where in the plan is there work to enable support for additional

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Orion developer discussions'" <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/27/2011 06:19 PM

Re: [orion-dev] Editor 0.4 Plan

Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Am I reading this correctly that no where in the plan is there work to enable support for additional programming languages?