Re: [orion-dev] JavaScript / Browser and Git

> This is pretty cool, but unfortunately exposes raw git data only, eg.
> objects like blobs, while our approach is more like a higher level API, a
> porcelain API as JGit guys call it. Of course, things like blobs are all
> you need to work with git but using a higher level API is certainly easier.

They also have commits, refs, tags what makes it similar to our API. Looking briefly at e.g. "create commit operation"
it looks very similar to our API.

> The project consists of two parts (clients):
> * a command line JS client, imo, nothing interesting from our point of view
> * an in-browser client with some interesting capabilities, but it's for
> accessing git repos via HTTP protocol only

README states it is for working with an in-browser repo. So it seems like you perform operations locally to your browser
once you fetch remote objects via http. This is interesting but our model is different so far.

--
Szymon

This is pretty cool, but unfortunately exposes raw git data only, eg.
objects like blobs, while our approach is more like a higher level API, a
porcelain API as JGit guys call it. Of course, things like blobs are all
you need to work with git but using a higher level API is certainly easier.

> JSGit

The project consists of two parts (clients):
* a command line JS client, imo, nothing interesting from our point of view
* an in-browser client with some interesting capabilities, but it's for
accessing git repos via HTTP protocol only
--
Tomek