Re: [orion-dev] Managing branches

> Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
> A consistent naming scheme would help, too - is anybody aware of
> what others with more Git experience are doing? Chris A.'s comment
> about not pushing feature branches is good, but what do you do with
> feature branches that need collaboration between several developers
> - would you not push those?

The "don't push" answer isn't very satisfying. One of the big advantages of an SCM is it gives you redundancy in case your machine wipes. This is especially important for us since we are all sharing one "dev box" on orion.eclipse.org. If that machine wiped it would delete all of our developer clones, along with any content not pushed to origin. Also as you say, one of our main branch uses at the moment is for doing code reviews. I suppose we could push to a different remote for purpose of reviews a la Gerrit. That's something to think about for after we ship (next week!)

John

Back to the top