[orion-dev] Orion ISV Documentation

On this page I have created a skeleton of the Orion ISV Documentation, including all key services defined by our current API:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/Developer_Guide

Every page linked from there is being converted with WikiText into our documentation, and will appear in each Orion build. For example in the last build see:

http://orion.eclipse.org/help/nav/0_0

For anyone not still fixing critical bugs for 0.2 release, please jump in and help with writing documentation for these services. I am continuing to write as well, but at the rate I'm going I'll be done by early July ;). I have written doc for some services already that you can use as example:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/Developer_Guide/Plugging_into_the_navigator#orion.navigate.command
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/Developer_Guide/Plugging_into_the_editor#orion.edit.command

Some things to keep in mind:

- After much battling I haven't found a way to add cross-references to our jsdoc from this documentation guide. I.e., I found no way to add references that will resolve both on http://wiki.eclipse.org, and in the generated pages as relative links within the same Orion server (orionhub.org, orion.eclipse.org, etc). For now, if necessary I am adding references such as "See <tt>orion.fileClient.FileService</tt> in the Client API reference". In other words, avoiding hyperlinks.
- Wiki links within the set of pages being converted for the build will be converted automatically to relative links for navigation within the documentation. Links to other external sites or wiki pages not being built will convert as external URLs from the doc (which generally is fine).
- Please talk to me if you want to add or remove pages, since this requires changes to Ant scripts used to scrape the doc into the build. But, if you just start writing doc within the pages I have created, they will be picked up and included in the build. Also if you include new screen shots or other images in a page they will be converted fine by the build.

Back to the top