Re: [orion-dev] Orion Firebug integration

Boris Bokowski wrote:

You mentioned notifications about changes to the editor buffer, what else do you need from the Orion editor?

I made progress on understanding the Orion plugin model.

One very cool thing is that you can simply create an Orion project for your plugin and install the dev version (or so it seems).

So for example I have my plugin at:
http://localhost:8080/edit/edit.html#/file/h/content/orionPlugin/firebugConnection.html
then I can install
http://localhost:8080/file/h/content/orionPlugin/firebugConnection.html

The plugin registration code needs to run when the html file loads (onload event). Makes sense. The plugin is loaded in an iframe immediately below the top level, so your implementation objects need to be in that scope. I've previously worked out how to connect to Firebug, so I can connect the plugin to orion and the plugin to firebug.

But now I'm stuck. I need to implement
       // eclipse.TextModel listener
onChanged: function(start, removedCharCount, addedCharCount, removedLineCount, addedLineCount) then listen to the editor model:
           this.model = editorContainer.getEditorWidget().getModel();
           this.model.addListener(this);

But I don't have editorContainer, it's in another window. (In the embedded case I was injecting my code in the same window as the editor.)

Any hints?

jjb

Back to the top