https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=e4&component=Orion

Regards,
Mark

Inactive hide details for Karol Gusak ---05/13/2011 06:08:24 PM---Hi I'm looking into the IContentAssistService - thanks for adKarol Gusak ---05/13/2011 06:08:24 PM---Hi I'm looking into the IContentAssistService - thanks for adding this in

From: Karol Gusak <karol@xxxxxxxx>
To: orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 05/13/2011 06:08 PM
Subject: [orion-dev] Content assist and caret movement
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I'm looking into the IContentAssistService - thanks for adding this in
M7! I can imagine that for a nice content assist feature in Orion one
more functionality would be needed - a "semi-automated" caret moving.
I'm don't know how this feature is named, but it's about switching
from one function argument to the next one using TAB key (given that
I'm autocompleting a function). It could also be used to code
templates, for example when the IF conditional statement skeleton is
inserted, the caret is placed in the first predefined position
(condition _expression_), and on clicking TAB it's moved to the second
predefined position (body).

Is such behavior possible to achieve in current Orion version? Can I
control the caret movement (from a plugin perspective)? What are
Orion's team plans about this feature?

Regards,
Karol