Re: [orion-dev] Server Development Environment Setup

Hey Kenn,

That's surprising, I didn't think we had dependencies on any of those Eclipse desktop pieces. In the latest I-build the only platform bits I see are org.eclipse.core.jobs, org.eclipse.core.filesystem, and org.eclipse.core.contenttype. Can you go into more detail on where the compile errors are? I'll also try to hang around on #eclipse-orion on IRC if you want to debug your setup.

John

Kenn Hussey <kenn.hussey@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2011 04:35 PM

Please respond to
Orion developer discussions <orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orion-dev] Server Development Environment Setup

Is some kind of magic required to set up a server development environment? I configured my installation and workspace by following the steps at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Getting_the_source but there are still several compilation errors, seemingly due to dependencies on Eclipse (runtime, resources, debug, ui, ide). Any recommendations?

Thanks,

orion-dev mailing list
orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx