Re: [orion-dev] Spectator sport....

> Christopher West <hackhavn@xxxxxxxxx>
> ... I started playing with it and saw
> that php files render as converted files not as source code on a
> webpage for editing.. Am I doing anything wrong? I assume php has
> not been provisioned for yet and may not be in the plans.

I have released a fix for this, so that you can at least edit PHP files in Orion. You are correct that specific support for PHP is not currently planned (syntax highlighting, etc).

> part. Also the text-highlighting is not on html files themselves.
> Is there anyway I can help in either of these.. ? point to the
> locations of these files and I will start to play on my local
> install and report back any resolutions.

There is currently only stynax highlighting for CSS, _javascript_, and Java. If you would like to explore adding syntax highlighting for HTML, that is most welcome. Contributions are made in the form of patches in the Eclipse bugzilla system [1]. As a starting point, see styler.js, where the syntax highlighting code currently lives [2].

John

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=e4&component=Orion
[2] https://github.com/orion-oti/Orion-Client/blob/master/bundles/org.eclipse.orion.client.editor/web/samples/styler.js

Back to the top